Tuesday, February 14, 2012

$150.00 [Animal Vacations]

Note: A version of this post may have previously shown up in your RSS feed, although it was deleted from this blog. If so, please excuse the re-post.

*      *      *      *      *

By the time this post goes live, (1) the human members of the clan will (finally) be in Costa Rica, and (2) it will be the right time to wish you a HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY from us here at (over)budgetpet!  ♥♥♥

We're missing the animals, especially on this day celebrating love, but the three creatures are currently enjoying alternate vacation accommodations better suited to their tastes than Costa Rica.

Our dogs Betelgeuse and Lulu are vacationing in Long Island with Icarus. Long walks and romps in nature, cuddling, treats, etc. They love getting out of the city, and they love Icky and his humans. I dropped them off on Saturday in Long Island, and they were not the least bit sorry to see me go. Since then, I got word that Icky harnessed his inner wolf and took down a deer while my glorified dog-cats relaxed inside.

Our cat Lola is staycationing at our apartment in Brooklyn with the cat sitter. I am paying the cat sitter $150 to sleep in my bed -- and this is a good deal in New York. I scattered Lola's catnip toys around the house since the dogs aren't here to chew them up and break them open, and she's been having a blast.  She's spending Valentine's Day high as a kite on catnip and purring her little heart out.

I'm not sure what this blog will look like during the remainder of our trip. Maybe a guest post or two? Maybe a photo of me hangin' with monkeys? In any event, Happy Valentine's Day and best wishes from the rainforest. And until the next time my wallet opens for an animal who needs a home or a cute outfit, some portraits of my crew:




No comments:

Post a Comment